The Blur Forum Charts
rank - song title - number of votes
- 28. Explain, Top Man, So You: 1
27. 7 Days, Bone Bag, Pressure on Julian: 2
26. Peter Panic, Charmless Man, Country House, It Could Be You, B.L.U.R.E.M.I.: 3
25. Miss America, Sweet Song: 4
24. Day upon Day, Chemical World, Theme from Retro, Caravan, Yuko and Hiro: 5
23. Fool, Bang, Into Another, Essex Dogs, Music Is My Radar, No Monsters in Me, She's So High: 6
22. Slow Down, Mellow Song: 7
21. Globe Alone, Swamp Song, Caramel, All Your Life, Strange News from Another Star, 1992, To the End: 8
20. Advert, Starshaped: 9
19. Inertia, Coping, Resigned, Black Book, Trouble in the Message Centre, Sing: 10
18. Colin Zeal, Parklife, Song 2, Best Days, There's no Other Way: 11
17. Clover over Dover, End of a Century: 12
16. Girls & Boys, You're So Great: 13
15. Ambulance: 14
14. Badhead, No Distance Left to Run, Out of Time, Villa Rosie: 16
13. Blue Jeans, Battery in Your Leg: 18
12. Death of a Party, He Thought of Cars: 19
11. Battle: 20
10. Young & Lovely: 23
9. Bugman: 27
8. Tender: 29
7. Trimm Trabb: 36
6. Popscene: 37
5. Coffee & TV: 57
4. The Universal: 68
3. This Is a Low: 78
2. Beetlebum: 82
1. For Tomorrow: 84
1. Only blur tracks and their remixes are allowed
2. Live tracks will be counted as the same track as the studio version
3. If your top 10 changes, do not edit your initial post. Instead, please post a new top 10 and let me know that it's not your first, so I can compare what has changed to your top 10 and what that means for the overall chart.
4. You can post less than 10 songs, but not more. You cannot have several songs share a rank.
You don't need to read the rest of this post if you're not interested - you can just post your top 10 now. Of course, if you find anywhere that I glitched (like songs that are in the charts twice accidentally or something like that) let me know!
I compile the charts like this: Depending on what rank you give a song, it gets credits. If you give a song your rank #1, it gets 10 credits. #2 gets 9 credits, #3 gets 8 credits and so on. #10 gets 1 credit.
Person A makes a top 10 and puts "Ambulance" on rank #8. It gets 3 credits. Person A ranks "No Distance Left to Run" as their #4. It gets 7 credits.
Person B gives "Ambulance" rank #2. It gets 9 credits. Person B ranks "No Distance Left to Run" as their #7 favourite blur track. It gets 4 credits.
Now "No Distance Left to Run" has 11 credits and "Ambulance" has 12, so "Ambulance" is one rank higher in the all users' chart.
It probably sounds complicated - please do not mind, just have a look at the G-U thread to see how it works. In the all users' chart, several songs can share one rank. Especially at the beginning, this will look very, very confusing, but the more people post in the thread, the less songs will share a rank.
I will edit this post everytime to post the updated all users' chart when someone makes a new top 10. I'll post my own top 10 later on as well. First top 10 will be up after 15 people voting or so.