Graham Coxon album artwork / record instore

Discuss anything Blur

Moderators: damon4president, Caitlin, MrMagpie, Keira, Martbfc

Postby elasticaman » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:04 pm

1. i hope itl be printed on anilla board. 2 the font is a bad choice
http://blurarchiveproject.blogspot.co.uk
tom_cas1 wrote:The days of Blur being an exciting band are well and truly gone.
elasticaman

Postby themanwholefthimself » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:54 am

Mudhoney wrote:Nice artwork, simple and does the trick. But i would of prefered a handwritten Coxon sty-lee title

I agree! :wink:

His signature adds a more personal and intimate touch to the record, plus i like his handwriting and sketches.
"All good people, your time will come..."
themanwholefthimself

Postby tweedo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:04 am

god. Reading this board can really knock ones confidence! now I am insure about everything and it's a shitty feeling.I think the font is fine. hand drawn ones looked crap to be honest and didn't suit the Image or support visual reference points...the real treats are inside.
and no it wasn't knocked up!! the paintings took me around a year to do.
Last edited by tweedo on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
tweedo

Postby artstar » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:11 am

...don't feel unsure! think of all the millions of people in this world... a few comments on the Blur forum don't mean squat...it's wonderful artwork.

each to their own, i s'pose.
artstar

Postby elinor » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:32 am

tweedo wrote:god. Reading this board can really knock ones confidence! now I am insure about everything and it's a shitty feeling.I think the font is fine. hand drawn ones looked crap to be honest and didn't suit the Image or support visual reference points...the real treats are inside.

tweed. tweed. tweed.
dont feel unsure about anything, dont feel crap.
be proud of yourself.
the art on your new LP is lovely. the font thing is not the issue.
most of the ppl here agreed that your art is beautiful.

but as always with your records, i know that the music is beautiful no matter what the art looks like & what's the font blah blah blah...
can wait for this.
and again, good job man !!! :D
elinor

Postby beatfloh » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 am

tweedo wrote:god. Reading this board can really knock ones confidence! now I am insure about everything and it's a shitty feeling.I think the font is fine. hand drawn ones looked crap to be honest and didn't suit the Image or support visual reference points...the real treats are inside.

Don't worry, we are just smart-arses with an opinion on everything, even when we don't have a clue

.. and it's lovely
Last edited by beatfloh on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
beatfloh

Postby saltandgin » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:45 am

Who said it was knocked up?

The art is clean, warm, and conveys what you are trying to say.

If 99 monkeys like a banana, don't listen to one monkey that prefers chips.
NOT for the likes of you.

saltandgin

Postby elinor » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:08 am

saltandgin wrote:
If 99 monkeys like a banana, don't listen to one monkey that prefers chips.

:lol: well said !!!
elinor

Postby Niko » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:59 pm

oh this hurt very much to read :cry:

everyone has own opinion and i have mucho respect for that but sometime people opinion hurt other people without a thought.

grahams new album artwork is very well done. a masterpeice. i really like color and shading and light source in art. and top fit perfectly with title. 'the spinning top' and then artwork show top spinning.

i like how graham make it so easy for you to understand his art. all his art fit nicely with his title. i really like that about him. that he make it easy and colorful and understandable that 4 year old would get it instead of all complicated like lot of people do.

tweedo, please do not feel down about people opinion. they are 10 of billion people in world. 1 of 10 say something but everyone eles may say positive. this honestly is best work ever done by you. and am really proud of you.

keep head held up high. people comments hurt a lot i know but best is to just shove them off cause of most time they are really wrong. keep smile upon your face and head up high. you know who you are.
Niko

Postby 2-J » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:04 pm

Niko wrote:oh this hurt very much to read :cry:

everyone has own opinion and i have mucho respect for that but sometime people opinion hurt other people without a thought.

grahams new album artwork is very well done. a masterpeice. i really like color and shading and light source in art. and top fit perfectly with title. 'the spinning top' and then artwork show top spinning.

i like how graham make it so easy for you to understand his art. all his art fit nicely with his title. i really like that about him. that he make it easy and colorful and understandable that 4 year old would get it instead of all complicated like lot of people do.

tweedo, please do not feel down about people opinion. they are 10 of billion people in world. 1 of 10 say something but everyone eles may say positive. this honestly is best work ever done by you. and am really proud of you.

keep head held up high. people comments hurt a lot i know but best is to just shove them off cause of most time they are really wrong. keep smile upon your face and head up high. you know who you are.

:cry: ... so moving....
2-J

Postby Niko » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:13 pm

2-J wrote: :cry: ... so moving....

am really hopeing you are not being sarcastic with me
Niko

Postby serenity5 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:21 pm

People did say they like the painting. They just don't like the font.

Maybe it's best not to read the comments. :lol:

Be confident in your work.
serenity5

Postby themanwholefthimself » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:30 pm

I'm really sorry if i hurt your feelings in any way by saying i like your signature, handwriting and sketches and that i prefer your art instead of something easier like a simple font or a picture. I like your new album artwork and above all and what it's more important, your music.

What i like about your music and your albums is that personal touch you put into everything. It is you being shown in those albums, in every single detail. I love your first albums the most because everything was you, you made it all happen (of course with a little help), that's why your name is on the album (as a solo artist). You did an excellent work playing all the instruments by yourself and i admire you for that. I'm not complaining about your band or saying i don't like your newest material, it's just that i'm a big fan of YOU.

With Blur is different because is a four man band and would be weird if we find the signature of only one member or the four of you. In that case it's always better to use a font for the title and a picture of whatever you consider best to express the concept of the album, including a picture of the four of you. With 13 there was an exception as i think the artwork successfully expressed what you all meant with the album.

Anyway, i would consider everything we all have said as feedback. You can take our comments as what they really are, just comments of a bunch of fans (some of them are only Damon's and some others have no clue of what they're really doing here) expressing our opinion about your new album.

And finally, one last thing for me to add, i would never consider your handwriting or your drawings as crap, they're magnificent and i understand i may take forever to finish your work but in the end the results are always brilliant!!
themanwholefthimself

Postby themanwholefthimself » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:32 pm

^By the way, it's nice to see you around again Tweedo. :P
themanwholefthimself

Postby Rubi » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:42 pm

tweedo wrote:god. Reading this board can really knock ones confidence!

'Tis true. Lots of picky sons of bitches in here.
Rubi

PreviousNext

Return to BLUR