Damon: "Blur is over"

Discuss anything Blur

Moderators: damon4president, Caitlin, MrMagpie, Keira, Martbfc

Postby 2-J » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:49 pm

Trimm Trabb wrote:I am more concerned about the future of this forum though.

I don't think EMI would close it since the expense incurred in keeping it open is, to them, negligible. If ever the day came when Blur did officially split up, there'd still always be the latest rehash of a compilation to push, too.
2-J

Postby jeli » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:15 am

Who cares if blur do new music or not, what matters the most it's the forum!!!11!!! Image

Blur MB can never die!!111!!! Image

:wink:
jeli

Postby Alexander » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:39 pm

2-J wrote:

I don't think EMI would close it since the expense incurred in keeping it open is, to them, negligible. If ever the day came when Blur did officially split up, there'd still always be the latest rehash of a compilation to push, too.

I think now would be an excellent time for that. I'd love a nice Singles and B-sides compilation.
Alexander

Postby Astroid » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:39 pm

That would be a costly package
Astroid

Postby Alexander » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:47 pm

No, they should make budget-version. Actually, I'd be only interested in the b-sides.
Alexander

Postby Sir British of Sushi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:08 pm

Now now....we can all just hop on over to the G-U can't we. :wink:
http://thecopilots.bandcamp.com <----Latest tune, "Ella Roselyn"
Sir British of Sushi

Postby E.P. » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:10 pm

A nice official B-Side collection... not a bad idea. Shall we write a letter to EMI?
E.P.

Postby jeli » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:32 pm

lol

that would sell nothing.
jeli

Postby bugman20 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:54 pm

ii'd like to get unreleased stuff not b-sides (cos i have everything :P)
bugman20

Postby tweedo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:08 pm

nothing can be set in stone
a good few years ago i said i couldnt ever see my self goin back to blur...people around me said with winks and nudges "never say never, gra.." and i resented them saying it...but..it was a difficult time...and we were all hurt..i was one they were 3 and i felt ganged up on abit..i dont think they meant it to be that way...they were angry, i was angry...the anger was all centred around long deep friendships that were tested and tested by business, mega fatigue, too much time with each other, problems with the roles we played in the band, a lack of trust and communication, things unresolved.. etc...its VERY complicated...i know it seems simple to solve all this...a phone call, an arrangement to meet up, a chat, hugs tears and a date pencilled in at the studio...i foolishly thought it could be that simple too..but i was wrong, of course i was wrong and so was alex.
all 4 of us are kinda sick you must understand...we had around 12 years of really freakish behaviour, serious personnal relationship problems, alcohol addictions and drug problems.... you dont come thru that without damage, without deeep scars... its the scars that have to be healed and they cant be unless we are wiling to heal them ourselves...i feel i have done sooo much work on my own problems, stupidity, malfunctions, defects....as has alex and dave. i cant help thinkin that damon is still within a bit of a mad world that blur were in in 1997 0r 8...careering headlong into chaos...never resting, never pausing for thought..cus when you pause for thought the thoughts dont always like you..the thoughts tell you stuff you dont want to know or contemplate...i think damon needs to rest and evaluate. i love damon.. i want him safe.
the facts are like this really....theres no blur at the mo...damon probly aint interested in a blur thats not the full head count....so...i think it comes down to me trying again to contact him and talk to him...i tried before as i said and left messages...
i want to do this anyway for the sake of all the years we were so close...but it takes guts...i siked myself for days to call him last time and got answering machine..its a drag to get that after the siking the pondering over the mobile fone and the number and the pressing of the call button...i may have to sike all over agin...be patient... no one knows the future not even damon.
tweedo

Postby Barb » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Thank you very much for your statement, tweeds.
tweedo wrote:i cant help thinkin that damon is still within a bit of a mad world that blur were in in 1997 0r 8...careering headlong into chaos...never resting, never pausing for thought..cus when you pause for thought the thoughts dont always like you..the thoughts tell you stuff you dont want to know or contemplate...i think damon needs to rest and evaluate. i love damon.. i want him safe.

that is exactely what I think, too.
He needs a time-off, a time of rethinking. The way it is now isn't healthy.
Barb

Postby 2-J » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Good luck man... the fans are definitely behind you in this. Thanks for sharing some thoughts too, it really is the untold story from those times and another perspective changes everything.
2-J

Postby bonebag » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Thanks Tweedo, that`s probably the sweetest and caring post ever. I`m out of words. ( not that it is difficult with my english level, oh well you know what I mean)

All my respect mister

Besos
One day up is another down
bonebag

Postby beatfloh » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:08 pm

Thanks so much for that honest statement and good luck with the workaholic
beatfloh

Postby mizzuzjoja » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:24 pm

i know of at least one blur member who's doing a damn good job at winning over the fans on his band's message board. maybe dave or alex would like to join in at some point?
mizzuzjoja

PreviousNext

Return to BLUR - Read only